Listen to dr. Morphis Tsalikidis:
WHEN: 17th June, 2018
WHERE: Berlin, Germany
ORGANIZER: European Networking Group
Dr. Morphis contributed with a presentation of a case study and was part of a panel discussion.
The presentation of a case study titled: “How to boost Operational Excellence training, while helping a local NGO“. The case study involved 22 Operational Excellence trainees taken to an NGO to apply in real life situation the tools and techniques taught in class: interview managers and collaborators; map processes; identify pain points; and produce recommendations. During the session we discussed:
- how the idea was born and how it evolved;
- how was the visit prepared and what was the agenda for the trainees;
- how the sessions took place and what we observed in terms of methodology application;
- what were the pain points identified and the recommendations made.
The panel discussion: “Challenges in deploying Operational Excellence programs“. A panel of seasoned Operational Excellence practitioners discussed the key challenges faced when deploying Operational Excellence programs and the main lessons learnt to date. Among the key success factors identified were:
- buy-in and active involvement from senior management;
- developing both technical knowledge and leadership skills;
- selecting the right projects to gain support and build momentum;
- communicate lessons learnt and celebrate successes.